6,675 yards/slope 135 to 5,095 yards/slope
Download the scorecard (PDF file)
The Greenbrier Course, originally constructed in 1924 by Seth
Raynor, was redesigned by Jack Nicklaus in 1977. The Greenbrier is
the only resort course in the world to have hosted The Ryder Cup
(1979) and The Solheim Cup (1994).
This 6,675-yard, par 72 course is heavily wooded and demands
forced carries onto the greens. The well-bunkered and terraced
greens require accurate iron play and talent with the putter. The
Greenbrier Course, along with The Meadows Course and The Old White
TPC Course, all begin and end at The Golf Club.
The Old White TPC, along with The Greenbrier Course and The
Meadows Course, begins and ends at the Golf Club. For information
about golf at The Greenbrier, please contact Golf Club General
Manager Burt Baine
or Head Golf Professional Jamie Hamilton.
Be the first to receive news and special offers from the Casino Club, with exclusive advantages and reward credits only Player's Club members can enjoy.
James Monroe visited White Sulphur Springs with his wife in August 1815 while he was Secretary of State. His physician ordered him to “take the waters” to regain his health.
Ulysses S. Grant visited White Sulphur Springs in 1874. It was a brief visit early in the season as he was traveling west by railroad.
Woodrow Wilson spent his Easter vacation in April 1914 at The Greenbrier. He played golf on the Old White Course. He also divided his December 1915 honeymoon with Edith Bolling Galt between The Greenbrier and The Homestead.
William Howard Taft vacationed at White Sulphur Springs during his 1908 campaign for the presidency. He was feted at a grand ball in the ballroom of the Old White Hotel.
Dwight D. Eisenhower hosted the North American Summit Conference at The Greenbrier March 26-28, 1956. He was also at the resort three times in World War II when The Greenbrier was used as an Army hospital. Once he was admitted as a patient and the other times he was here with Mrs. Eisenhower for rest and relaxation.